Financial Supports for International Students
International Students have opportunities to apply for Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship (with recommendation by Japanese Embassy overseas / Tokyo Tech) and other privately funded scholarship(with/without Tokyo Tech recommendation).
In addition, eligible students can apply for exemptions from admission fee and tuition.
Also, qualified doctoral course students can receive financial aid for their teaching and research assistantships (TRA).
Exclusive Scholarships for International Graduate Program
Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship for IGP(A)
- First and second rated students admitted to our IGP (A) program are recommended to Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship right after the examination. Result of MEXT screening will be informed later.
- MEXT scholarship provides students with round trip air fare, tuition, other school fees and monthly stipend (amount for academic year 2012-2013: JPY147,000 for master students, JPY148,000 for doctoral students).
Graduate School Scholarship for IGP(A)/ IGP(C)
- Our graduate school offers scholarships to three excellent students without Japanese Government (MEXT) scholarship, who enter IGP (A) / IGP(C). Eligible students will be told of it at the same time as the entrance examination results.
- Scholarship amount for academic year 2012-2013: JPY total 1400,000 for two years (2 students) and JPY total 700,000 for two years (1 student).
- Students who belong to the universities that have the International Agreements on Academic Exchange between Tokyo Tech have priority to receive this scholarship.
- Our graduate school reserves the right to change the scholarship condition in certain circumstance.
Research Exchange with Aalto University (2012 Feb.)